Hormel Foods Corporation
1 Hormel Place
Austin, MN 55912
Attn: Legal Department
This Policy applies only to information we collect through our Website. It does not apply to information we collect through other channels.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, you may not use our Website.
Our Terms and Conditions
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of our Website. A link to our Terms and Conditions is provided at the bottom of each page of our Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Website. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you believe that we have collected, used, or disclosed personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information above so that we can take appropriate action.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. Some of the information we collect is personally identifiable information which means it identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Personally identifiable information may also be called personal data in this Policy. The personally identifiable information we collect falls into the following categories:
- Information that you directly provide to us, for example, when completing a registration or contest-entry form, requesting services, or posting “User Contributions” (content you post using the social networking tools we make available to you). This includes first name, last name, email, title, address, fax number, and company or institution.
- Information from third-party social media platforms. You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on our Website by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personally identifiable information, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other personally identifiable information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
- Personally identifiable information in the form of online identifiers such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or other electronic device (“Device”) on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your Device. Devices require IP addresses in order for users to browse the Internet.
- Information from your browser or Device, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We do not collect special categories of data – such as information about your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation – unless you have chosen to provide that information to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect from or about you through this Website:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Website by delivering relevant Website content;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Website;
- to contact you with special offers, suggestions, recommendations and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality, security and usability of our Website;
- to use data analytics to improve our products, services, marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
The “Careers” section of the Website allows you to find out about various roles and vacancies at our organization. You can also follow the links provided to apply for advertised roles. The links take you to our recruitment portal website. The collection of personally identifiable information through the recruitment portal website is governed by separate privacy policies which we encourage you to consult before submitting your personal information.
Sharing of Your Information